Wilms' tumor is a rare kidney cancer that broadly affects children. Also called nephroblastoma, it's the most common cancer of the kidneys in children. Wilms' tumor most often affects children ages 3 to 4 and becomes much less common after age 5. Wilms' tumor most often occurs in only one kidney, even though it can once in a while be determined in both kidneys at the same time
Treatment for wilms' tumor in India
As Wilms' tumor is rare, the doctor may advise the following treatments
Nephrectomy - surgical removal of kidney tissue:
- Simple Nephrectomy : The whole kidney is surgically removed. The alternative kidney is enough to hold the patient in good health.
- Partial Nephrectomy : The tumor and a part of the kidney tissue that surrounds it is surgically eliminated.
- Radical Nephrectomy : The complete kidney, nearby adrenal gland and lymph nodes, as well as other surrounding tissue are surgically eliminated. At some stage in the surgery the healthcare professional may check both kidneys, in addition to the stomach hollow space, and samples may be taken for testing.
- Kidney Transplant : If both kidneys need to be taken out, the patient will require dialysis until he/she are ready for a transplant.
- Chemotherapy : The tumor cells are examined to determine whether or not they're aggressive or susceptible to chemotherapy. Chemotherapy is using chemical substances (medicinal drug) to treat disease in particular; it generally refers back to the destruction of cancers cells. Cytotoxic medication prevents cancer cells from dividing and growing.
Dr. Manas Kalra Offers Comprehensive Cancer Treatment Modalities in Delhi
Dr. Manas Kalra is an internationally trained and experienced oncologist in tertiary pediatric hemato-oncology. He is competent in managing various blood-related disorders like Leukemia, Lymphoma, solid tumors such as neuroblastoma, germ cell tumors, sarcoma, hepatoblastoma, and neuro-oncology in pediatric age group. Dr. Manas Kalra pediatric haemato oncologist at Apollo Hospital Delhi has been involved in about 300 autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplant procedures. Dr. Manas Kalra best pediatric oncologist in Delhi has presented many important papers in national and international conferences and published several research papers in reputed journals. Presently, Dr. Manas Kalra is working at Apollo Hospital, Delhi. Dr. Manas Kalra pediatric haematologist oncologist in India has a vast experience in transplanting children with various blood disorders benign or malignant, immunological diseases etc nationally and internationally. He has presented many papers in national and international conferences and has published many papers in national and international journals.
Dr. Manas Kalra Offers Innovative Approach in Pediatric Neurology Treatment in India
Dr. Manas Kalra at Apollo Hospital, Delhi is a dynamic cancer centre with an outstanding reputation in the healthcare industry. Dr. Manas Kalra oncology specialists aim at providing state-of-the-art cancer care to patients while advancing the field through clinical and bench investigation. Dr. Manas Kalra pediatric medical oncologist in India is nationally acknowledged cancer expert who deliver care for patients with all types of cancers as well as bone marrow transplant. He have years of experience which clearly reflects in his approach towards patient care. Dr. Manas Kalra haematology specialist in Delhi treats hundreds of children, adolescent and young adults every year with all different types of blood related disorders and cancer. His patients range in age from new-borns to young adults in their mid-20s.
Why Choose India Cancer Surgery Services?
Upon contacting India cancer surgery service, you will immediately be introduced to your dedicated patient care manager who will answer all of your questions and help you understand your options with our concierge-like support through each step of your journey, from scheduling a consultation to treatment. We will help handle all the logistics of your care including scheduling, billing, and insurance. This way all you have to do is focus on your road to better health. We look forward to being a part of your neurology treatment success!
Send Your Query At : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call-Us : +91 - 9765025331
Visit-Us : https://indiacancersurgerysite.com/consult-dr-manas-kalra-best-pediatric-haematologist-oncologist-apollo-hospital-delhi.html
Read Also : Bone Marrow Transplant by Dr. Manas Kalra