Did you know that the easiest and the most effective way for boosting fertility paves its way through one’s stomach. Diet rich in antioxidants helps in boosting fertility in men by improving the quality of the sperm.
Of lately, studies have found that quality of the sperm is more important than its quantity, and thus, it is now believed that men with a comparatively low sperm count can still be fertile if the sperm happens to be in a good condition. The best IVF centre in Delhi suggests men to add these fertility boosting superfoods to their diet.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes, considered as the best source of antioxidant lycopene helps in improving one’s sperm count, motility and morphology and thereby increases one’s fertility.
- Garlic: Garlic contains vitamin B-6, which is not only crucial in regulating your sex hormones and improving your fertility but also said to contain a high amount of allicin, a chemical useful in increasing libido and blood flow to sex organs.
- Avocado: High in folate, vitamin E and vitamin C, Avocados are very helpful for protecting the sperm. It is also said to be a source of Coenzyme Q10, which is indeed a source of energy and protection for sperm.
- Eggs: Eggs are high in vitamin E and full of protein, and thus, help in the improvement of sperm motility and assist in the production of strong and healthy sperm.
- Walnuts: Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, walnuts boost sperm production and volume by increasing blood flow to the testicles. According to a study, consumption of about 75g of walnuts increases sperm motility and morphology.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain zinc which plays a vital role in sperm development, thereby resulting in better fertility.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate contains an amino acid called L-Arginine HCL which is known to increase semen volume and sperm count.
- Lentils: Lentils, one of the best sources of natural folate, improves sperm health and reduces birth defects.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a great source of anti-inflammatory antioxidants including quercetin and resveratrol, which help in the improvement of sperm count and motility.
- Water: Drinking at least three to four litres of water is one of the best ways to improve one’s sperm count. Increasing water consumption helps in increasing the sperm production and ejaculation.
The changed lifestyle and eating habits today is proving to be fatal for one’s fertility. Hence, it is of vital importance to choose one’s diet carefully as everything that you consume can have an impact on the quality and quantity of your sperm.
Gaudium IVF, an internationally accredited name for providing topnotch and advanced infertility treatments in Delhi.
Visit today for a free second opinion from the best infertility specialist, Dr. Manika Khanna.